“For Nicosia Old Walled City to become a sustainable touristic shopping area branded through its unique historical and cultural heritage and a vibrant focal point frequented by both locals and foreign tourists”
Providing assistance on a particular set of marketing programs and services which encourages involvement and ownership, ensures economic vitality and promotes downtown assets.
To develop a strong brand reflecting the region’s unique historical and cultural heritage, that will represent business owners of the region in order to support the marketing of Nicosia Downtown.
2. DOWNTOWN BUSINESSES CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT
To design and conduct training programs and provision of process consultancy according to the needs of the businesses in the Downtown area.
3. DEVELOPMENT OF NEW PRODUCTS
To develop or redesign traditional and niche local products especially through revision of packaging techniques to target the touristic market demands.
To support the presentation of souvenirs and memorabilia that will come out as a result of branding studies.
Conducting a variety of events, targeting both locals and foreign tourists in order to improve the foot traffic, time spent and sales in the region.
The Nicosia Downtown Initiative Working Group consists of the following stakeholders:
- SME Development Centre (KOBIGEM)
- Tourism Planning Office
- Tourism Marketing Office
- Nicosia Turkish Municipality
- Turkish Cypriot Chamber of Commerce
- Cyprus Turkish Chamber of Industry
- Turkish Cypriot Chamber of Shopkeepers and Artisans
- Cyprus Turkish Tourism Agents Association
- Cyprus Turkish Tourist Guides Association
- Businesswomen Association
- Nicosia Downtown Development Association
The SECOND Project is funded by the European Union and implemented by DIADIKASIA Business Consultants S.A. Consortium.